Your Privacy Rights
At Global Tactile, we respect your ability to know, access, correct, transfer, restrict the processing of, and delete your personal data. We have provided these rights to our global customer base and if you choose to exercise these privacy rights, you have the right not to be treated in a discriminatory way nor to receive a lesser degree of service from Global Tactile. Global Tactile does not sell your data including as “sale” is defined in Nevada and California.
To exercise your privacy rights and choices including where a third-party service provider is acting on Global Tactile’s behalf, you can make privacy rights requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There may be situations where we cannot grant your request — for example, if you ask us to delete your transaction data and Global Tactile is legally obligated to keep a record of that transaction to comply with law. We may also decline to grant a request where doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes, such as when you request deletion of an account that is being investigated for security concerns. Other reasons your privacy request may be denied are if it jeopardizes the privacy of others, is frivolous or vexatious, or would be extremely impractical.
Personal Data Global Tactile Collects from You
At Global Tactile, we believe that you can have great products and great privacy. This means that we strive to collect only the personal data that we need. The personal data Global Tactile collects depends on how you interact with Global Tactile. Descriptions of how Global Tactile handles personal data for certain individual services are available either in settings related to those features and/or at https://globaltactile.com/privacy-policy.
When you create an account, purchase and/or activate a product or device, download a software update, register for a class, connect to our services, contact us, participate in an online survey, or otherwise interact with Global Tactile, we may collect a variety of information, including:
- Account Information. Your username and related account details, including email address, devices registered, account status, and age
- Device Information. Data from which your device could be identified, such as device serial number, or about your device, such as software version
- Contact Information. Data such as name, email address, physical address, phone number, or other contact information
- Payment Information. Data about your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit, or other payment card information
- Transaction Information. Data about purchases of Global Tactile products and services or transactions facilitated by Global Tactile
- Fraud Prevention Information. Data used to help identify and prevent fraud, including a device trust score
- Usage Data. Data about your activity on and use of our offerings, such as app launches within our services, including browsing history; search history; product interaction; crash data, performance and other diagnostic data; and other usage data
- Location Information. Precise location only to support navigation, and coarse location
- Other Information You Provide to Us. Details such as the content of your communications with Global Tactile, including interactions with customer support and contacts through social media channels.
You are not required to provide the personal data that we have requested. However, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to requests you may have.
Personal Data Global Tactile Receives from Other Sources
Global Tactile may receive personal data about you from other individuals, from businesses or third parties acting at your direction, from our partners who work with us to provide our products and services and assist us in security and fraud prevention, and from other lawful sources.
- Individuals. Global Tactile may collect data about you from other individuals — for example, if that individual has sent you a product or gift card, invited you to participate in a Global Tactile service or forum, or shared content with you.
- At Your Direction. You may direct other individuals or third parties to share data with Global Tactile. For example, you may direct your mobile carrier to share data about your carrier account with Global Tactile for account activation, or for your loyalty program to share information about your participation so that you can earn rewards for Global Tactile purchases.
- Global Tactile Partners. We may also validate the information you provide — for example, when creating an account, with a third party for security, and for fraud-prevention purposes.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices, or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law, including law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to reidentify individuals who may appear therein.
Global Tactile’s Use of Personal Data
Global Tactile uses personal data to power our services, to process your transactions, to communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also use personal data for other purposes with your consent.
Global Tactile uses your personal data only when we have a valid legal basis to do so. Depending on the circumstance, Global Tactile may rely on your consent or the fact that the processing is necessary to fulfill a contract with you, protect your vital interests or those of other persons, or to comply with law. We may also process your personal data where we believe it is in our or others’ legitimate interests, taking into consideration your interests, rights, and expectations. If you have questions about the legal basis, you can contact Global Tactile at email@example.com.
- Power Our Services. Global Tactile collects personal data necessary to power our services, which may include personal data collected to improve our offerings, for internal purposes such as auditing or data analysis, or for troubleshooting.
- Process Your Transactions. To process transactions, Global Tactile must collect data such as your name, purchase, and payment information.
- Communicate with You. To respond to communications, reach out to you about your transactions or account, market our products and services, provide other relevant information, or request information or feedback. From time to time, we may use your personal data to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Global Tactile, you may not opt out of receiving these important notices.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. To protect individuals, employees, and Global Tactile and for loss prevention and to prevent fraud, including to protect individuals, employees, and Global Tactile for the benefit of all our users, and prescreening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content.
- Personal Data Used for Personalization. If you choose to personalize your services or communications where such options are available, Global Tactile will use information that we collect so that we can offer you those personalized services or communications. You can learn more about how relevant services use information to personalize your experience by reviewing the privacy information presented when you first use a service that asks to use your personal data. This information is available at https://globaltactile.com/privacy-policy.
- Comply with Law. To comply with applicable law — for example, to satisfy tax or reporting obligations, or to comply with a lawful governmental request.
Global Tactile does not use algorithms or profiling to make any decision that would significantly affect you without the opportunity for human review.
Global Tactile’s Sharing of Personal Data
Global Tactile may share personal data with Global Tactile-affiliated companies, service providers who act on our behalf, our partners, developers, and publishers, or others at your direction. Further, Global Tactile does not share personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Partners. At times, Global Tactile may partner with third parties to provide services or other offerings. Global Tactile requires its partners to protect your personal data.
- Others. Global Tactile may share personal data with others at your direction or with your consent, such as when we share information with your carrier to activate your account. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users, or in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale.
Protection of Personal Data at Global Tactile
At Global Tactile, we believe that great privacy rests on great security. We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the processing, and the threats posed. We are constantly working to improve on these safeguards to help keep your personal data secure.
Children and Personal Data
Global Tactile understands the importance of safeguarding the personal data of children, which we consider to be an individual under the age of 13 or the equivalent age as specified by law in your jurisdiction. That is why Global Tactile has implemented additional processes and protections to help keep children’s personal data safe. If we learn that a child’s personal data was collected without appropriate authorization, it will be deleted as soon as possible. To exercise privacy rights for your child’s information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Global Tactile’s websites, online services, interactive applications, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as web beacons. These technologies help us to better understand user behavior including for security and fraud prevention purposes, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches.
- Communications Cookies. These cookies are used to enable network traffic to and from Global Tactile’s systems, including by helping us detect any errors.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are set as required to provide a specific feature or service that you have accessed or requested. For example, they allow us to display our websites in the proper format and language, to authenticate and verify your transactions, and to preserve the contents of your Cart when shopping online at https://globaltactile.com.
- Other Cookies. These cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with our websites and online services, including by helping us to assess the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. Global Tactile also uses these cookies to remember choices you make while browsing, so we can provide you with a customized experience.
In addition to cookies, Global Tactile uses other technologies that help us achieve similar objectives.
In some email messages Global Tactile sends to you, we provide a “click-through URL” that links you to content on the Global Tactile website. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure whether we are communicating with you effectively. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click graphic or text links in email messages.
Transfer of Personal Data Between Countries
The Global Tactile entity that controls your personal data may differ depending on where you live.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal data is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Global Tactile employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Global Tactile takes your privacy questions seriously. A dedicated team reviews your inquiry to determine how best to respond to your question or concern, including those inquiries received in response to an access or download request. In most cases, all substantive contacts receive a response within seven days. In other cases, we may require additional information or let you know that we need more time to respond.
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues, we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person, we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.
If you are not satisfied with Global Tactile’s response, you may refer your complaint to the applicable regulator. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.